Although we always recommend you have your
tip installed by a professional cue repair person or cue maker,
We are providing step by step Cue Tip
installation instructions below.
Please be careful when using blades and
1. Sample of tools needed.
(Knife, Cutting Board, Box Knife,
Sandpaper, Cyanacryolate (Super glue), file and Cue Tip)
2. Using the knife, cut off the tip.
3. Leave some of the tip on the ferrule to ensure you do not damage the
4. Carefully shave off more of the tip.
5. Take it to this stage with the knife or chisel blade.
6. Use a box knife to continue to shave off the old tip.
7. You will want a smooth, level surface.
8. Using the sand paper, sand the glue side of the tip.
9. You will see a hint of the printed word "GLUE"
10. Apply the glue to the ferrule
11. Adhere the Kamui™ Cue Tip
12. The Cue Tip should be larger in diameter than the ferrule so that it can
be properly shaped.
Make sure the glue is completely dry before
13. Chisel the excess to start shaping the tip.
USE EXTREME CAUTION NOT TO CUT YOUR FINGERS
14. File the Cue Tip to shape desired.